Saturday 2 October 2010

I finally took the big leap and turned the dial to MANUAL.  I love being able to have more control over my camera and am leaning to feel more comfortable each day.  My confidence can be attributed to the fact that I am taking an online photography class from Christy Vanderwall at Speedscraps.   The class is based on a book by Bryan Peterson called Understanding Exposure.   Her method of teaching is dotting all of i's for me.  For instance, think of lining up 22 glasses.  Using a smaller f/22 aperture you will see all 22 glasses perfectly focused from front to back.  Whereas, if you use a larger f/4 aperture, you will only see the first four glasses clearly with the background blurred.  Now, just how clear is that???

2 comments:

Me U Around Oz said...

good for u, I have just switched to manuel too but i am doing the Oh Shoot photography course over at Jessica Spragues, it is soooo fun and only a little challenging NOT!! Ha Ha
Love your blog keep up the good work
Juliexx

Christy said...

So glad things are starting to come together for you Joyce! :) That is my greatest joy as a teacher! Love looking at your pictures too. I must be a favorable year for the mushrooms. We have more in our woods this year than I have ever seen!!

Post a Comment